Sunday, 22 February 2015

Sunday Scoop, My Birthday Week, and 300 Followers!!!!!

Wow!  I can't believe it!  I have 300 followers on Bloglovin'.  Thank you so much, everyone.  <3

I am linking up with the lovely women at Teaching Trio for Sunday Scoop.
Teaching Trio
This winter has been ridiculous!  We have so much snow.  I can't lift the snow onto the snow banks - they are too high, so I shovel down the road where the banks are shorter.  Crazy!  There can't be much more of this, right???

In class we are starting procedure writing.  We are making Ooblik tomorrow to start off the unit.  Then we will make ice cream sundaes.  That makes sense for the winter.  Lol!  We are also planning gym centres for our grade 1 buddies.  In groups, my grade ¾'s will create a centre/game for a small group of grade 1's.  They will write out the procedure for their station.  We will have that gym class on the week before March Break.  The children are so excited about it!

In math, we have been working on adding and subtracting 4-digit numbers.  They are definitely coming along.

In science, the grade 3's are building structures with candy Lego.  The grade 4's are using shoe string licorice on pulleys to explore.

I cannot stop reading 'Gone Girl'.  I am on the last 50 pages or so.  Hopefully I'll finish it today.  What should I read next?  Any suggestions?

As you might remember, I am a Leap Year Baby, so no birthday for me this year.  I will celebrate on the 28th.  (In real, I like to celebrate many more days than just that one.)  I will leave you with this picture from my mom's and my walk yesterday.  It was -24 degrees Celsius windchill.  (Who goes out in that???)  Yes, our faces are frozen solid!
Have a great week!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED Gone Girl! I couldn't put it down! I liked the movie too, but they changed some things for dramatic effect...
    It sounds like your kiddos are working hard this week:-) Have a great week!
    Stephanie
    Technology Timeout

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Science ideas. Being new to 4th grade I've struggled with teaching Science this year. I'm glad I discovered your blog through the Sunday Scoop!

    I thought we had it bad this week with snow. -24° is absolutely crazy! Stay warm.
    -Tracy
    4th Grade Dynamic Duo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! :) :) Wow - you guys are such dedicated walkers. I refused to leave the house last week until the temperature was above freezing. haha

    Happy Early Birthday!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Good for you for going out in those temps! Do you do your runs outside? Hope it's a good week leading up to your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday friend!! Hope you have a great week! And you should celebrate all week long!! Congrats on 300 followers! That's awesome!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete