Sunday, 21 September 2014

Star Struck - War on Fun and a Peek at my Week

Yesterday, Rick Mercer came to town for our local flying club's 3rd annual Flour Bombing Contest.  This is where you go up in a plane, drop a brown paper bag of flour out of the plane, and hope it lands on (or closest to) the target.
Me with my new best friend
Here is one of his funny 'Rick's Rants' about banning fun things at school.  Rick is hilarious!
I am also linking up with Jennifer of Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for a Peek at my Week.
On Monday, we have a bus safety presentation.  We also have the Health Unit coming to talk to my class about the importance of walking, riding a bike, or taking the bus to school.  My grade 3's are learning about Force in science while my grade 4's are learning about Light and Sound.  We are going to put a pencil in a glass of water to see what we see.

In our Read to Someone duotangs, I have added the song "If I had a Million Dollars".  During Read to Someone, they can read a 'just right' book to their partners and/or take a Read to Someone duotang.  I have added a new song each week - but poems will show up too.  (It is super cute to hear them singing softly to their partner!)  So far we have:  Count On Me, Let it Go, and We are Going to be Friends.

In gym, we are learning soccer skills.  We played a game called Statues and Dribblers.  Half of the class stands like a statue with their feet apart.  The other half have soccer balls.  They dribble the balls quickly around the room, shooting them through as many statues' legs as possible.  After a couple of minutes, I call switch.  Statues grab a ball.  Dribblers become statues.

We have also been busy getting ready for this Thursday's Open House.  We are writing paragraphs about us and drawing our self-portraits.  Friday is a P.A. Day!  Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. OMG - I love Rick - so jealous!!!! I love his rants : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you let the students use songs for "Read to Someone"! What a fun idea. Thank you!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! I love Rick Mercer. He is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete