Sunday, 29 June 2014

Lovin' It and Over It - Blogiversary Style!

I am linking up with Ali at Teaching Powered by Caffeine for her Lovin' It and Over It Linky Party.

As I am finally on summer holidays along with the rest of you, there is a lot of Lovin' It going on.

Lovin' It:
Guess what today is?
Yep!  There it is!  One year ago today I started this little old blog and it has been one of the best things I have done for my teaching career.  Thank you to all of you for your encouragement and support.
I love that the super awesome Claire helped me pack up my room on Friday.  Look what she did to my clipboards:
I am also loving that it is finally summer vacation!

Now don't get me wrong... There are a couple of things I am over.

Over It:
I am totally over the weeds this year!  I have weeded for hours every single Sunday.  The next time I look there are a million weeds again!  Grrr.  (I am not going to show you a picture of the weeds.  They make me to angry!)  I am also over not having a barbecue.  Our house has no A/C and it is already too hot to use the stove or oven.  Our BBQ broke last summer and we need a new one.  Luckily, my hubby went investigating them yesterday.  He found one he really liked but the place couldn't deliver it then.  Fingers crossed for a barbecue soon...

Have a great Sunday!  I'm going to go for a run, weed the garden AGAIN, and enjoy my first Sunday of summer vacation!
 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a year of blogging! I agree that it is one of the best ways to get professional development! The clipboards look great. Enjoy your summer!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm coming up to a year soon on my class blog too. My other blog goes back further. What did Claire use on the clip boards? They look great! I've been doing some redecorating in my class and these are the kind of small touches I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news Lisa! You have a great blog and it's even better that it is Canadian! Yeah Canucks rock! I would love to know how you covered the clipboards. they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 1 year blogiversary - mine is next month! I totally agree that blogging has helped me be a better teacher - it's the best professional development! :)

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 1 year blogiversary! I am with you on the weeds...I was on vacation 4 days and the weeds took over!! UGH!

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!!!!!
    I totally agree with you about blogging being the best decision you've made for your teaching. I told my principal that a few weeks ago. After 18 years of teaching, it gets so monotonous, but reading blogs and getting great new ideas from new and veteran teachers out there has really upped my game and made me a much better teacher! : )

    And those clipboards!! I absolutely LOVE them! I've had plans since last summer to cover mine with glitter scrapbook paper, then mod lodge over it, but using fun duct tape is soooo much easier and looks amazing! I'm gonna hit up the duct tape aisle at the stores today. Thanks for sharing that idea, and thanks for linking up, Lisa.
    Enjoy your summer!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogiversary! I agree with you - having a blog really ups your game as a teacher. I hope you get the upper hand on those weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow a whole year!! That is awesome!! Have an AWESOME summer :) I'm so totally jealous right now...
    Erin
    Learning to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY ONE YEAR BLOGIVERSARY, LISA!!! I hope you get a brand new BBQ for your celebration! Tell hubby I said he better get that taken care of...pronto!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogiversary!! And yay to summer break!!! What a great way to start your week!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete