Sunday, 1 June 2014

June-Currently

I am linking up with Farley of Oh Boy 4th Grade for her awesome Currently linky party.
Listening: - we love those news/magazine shows (48 hours, Dateline, Primetime).  We have three waiting on the DVR and are working through them tonight.
Loving:  We had such a great time at my cousin's wedding yesterday.  I kind of need one more day to rest up from my super fun and busy weekend.
Thinking:  19 more school days with the kidlets and then one P.A. Day to tidy up.
Wanting:  Our BBQ broke over a year ago.  We do not have air conditioning in our house.  Therefore we do not like to use the stove or oven in the hot hot summer.  We have already gone without for all of last summer.  Hence, one BBQ is required this summer.  Right?
Needing:  Everyone relates to this one - no explanation required!
Bucket List:  I have not seen my BFF for 15 months.  That is not OK.  She lives in Virginia and we usually see her (and her sweet husband) in March when we drive home from Florida but this year we flew.  We also see them most summers.  We missed both of those but something fun is in the works.  Stay tuned.
 

11 comments:

  1. You still have 19 school days left?! Wow! The last day for students here was this past Thursday. But we go back to school in July...

    -Rachel
    Teaching, Coffee, and Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! If YOU find the report card fairy--PIN HER DOWN til I can get there, ok? HA! We can DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,

    I hope you get to see your best friend soon. I'm lucky enough to live 5 minutes away from my best friend and we hang out all the time. Life is always better with our friends!

    I have 9 more days with my kids and then 4 days of GLAD training ... so I'm right there with you. We can do it!!

    ~ Jayme
    Trendy in Third

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you see the report card fairy, please send my way!

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to come over and say hello after the sweet message you left me!
    Thank you and nice to meet you! We still have three four four weeks left!
    -Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best for the last couple weeks!!
    Erin
    Learning to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "report card fairy" made me snort tea up my nose. :)

    I could use her this week too. I did come across a post from Scholastic that lists some great comments for report cards. After so many my mind goes blank and I just can't think anymore. These really helped me. I tweaked them a bit and they really helped.

    http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/top-teaching/2012/11/101-report-card-comments-use-now

    19 days!! You can do this and I think you should reward yourself with a BBQ at the end of it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa!

    Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog today.
    Here's a promise: If the RCF (Report Card Fairy) stops by, I will send her directly to you!
    Happy Almost Summer!


    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for your 19 more days to go - good luck! I am sure they will fly by! I also need the report card fairy to arrive - why is it that we always put it off! Have a great week!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have 19 more days? AHHH! What is your official last day? Ours is June 20.. I feel your pain! :) By the way, how do I get in on this Report Card Fairy?

    ReplyDelete