Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Ten Things I want to do this Summer

Happy Tuesday!  I am linking up with Deanna Jump of Mrs. Jump's Class for her Summer linky.
I still have exactly one month of school left, but here goes my dreams for this upcoming summer.
1.  Read for fun!  One of my favourite mindless reads is the Janet Evanovich "Stephanie Plum" series... and look what's coming out on June 17:
This series cracks me up!  I like to read in bed and I actually have to stop myself from waking up my husband with my laughter!
2.  Enjoy my first ever, brand new Kitchen Aid Mixer!  Made cookies yesterday on the day it arrived.  Is it bad that I dreamed about it?
3.  Read my large collection of professional books!  Here are just a couple of them.  Jax is so clever - he can read upside down.  He must have a teacher for a mother.  :-)
4.  Take a wee weekend trip to NYC.  We started this tradition on our tenth wedding anniversary and have gone every summer since.
5.  Run with my mom.  Run with Teri.  Run with Rebecca.  Run, run, run.
6.  Set up my Grade 4 class.  Will it be in my same room or a new room?  Time will tell.
7.  Enjoy many delicious meals with friends!  We have no air conditioning - so eating out is a great way to cool off. 
8.  Celebrate our anniversary - #14.
9.  Cuddle my kitties.  Please don't judge count - they all really needed a home at one time or another.  <3
10.  Relax and enjoy! 
Have a great rest of the week!  To those of you who are on vacation or down to your final days, know that I am a wee bit envious - but I still love you all.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa...I was jealous of your trip to NYC last summer, so you KNOW I'm going to be jealous again this summer! I haven't read any of the Janet Evanovich books in a while. I think I was up to number 15 or 16. I watched the One for the Money movie not too long ago. I need to catch back up with her books. Super funny! Jen Lancaster and Mary Kay Andrews are two other funny authors. Jen Lancaster's memoirs are a hoot. You have to start from the beginning though....Bitter is the New Black is the first one.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will absolutely LOVE that mixer for YEARS to come!!! My mom, sister, and sister-in-law went in together to buy it for me for my wedding shower 11 years ago. I thought it was absolutely too much money, but I don't think I could live without it now!! It ranks right up there with stove, frig, microwave, and dishwasher for me! :)

    Enjoy your trip to New York City! That's on my bucket list... someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh...a whole month before school's out?! When did y'all start? I love NYC and love that you go every year for your anniversary! What a fun tradition! Can't wait to see pics!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the large pile of professional reading - I have Notice and Note too! Let me know when you start reading so we can talk about it. I love NYC - have not been in 16 years - very jealous!! We have no AC either - summer cooking becomes quite the inventive process : )

    ReplyDelete