Wednesday, 14 May 2014

I'm B---a----c----k!!!!!

Wow, have I ever missed you guys.  Did anyone sense my absence?  Here is what happened on the worst week of my life in order of importance.
1.  My poor brother got smashed in the face and knocked out by a mast while helping to put a sailboat in the water on Sunday, May 4.  He ended up in ICU for that week with surgery on Thursday to put in 7 plates and repair the multiple fractures to his jaw.  Hopefully he will be home from the hospital in time for this long weekend.  Fingers crossed, Friends.
2.  On Wednesday, May 7, I caught the flu - not the 24 hour flu or even the 48 hour flu, but more like the 100 hour flu.  I was down and out for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday - and lost more than 10 pounds.  Zoiks!
3.  On Saturday, I was starting to feel like a human, reading blogs and minding my own business when... nasty grey screen on my Mac!  Are you kidding?  I was computer-less until last night.  Now I have a new hard drive and am ready to go.  Thank goodness bad things come in threes, right?
Wrong!
4.  On Saturday, our washing machine died/flooded the floor.  Now you know how handy a washing machine is when you are trying to de-germ-ify...

But now I'm back!  I hope you appreciate that doing laundry was the very very very bottom of my list.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa...I most certainly missed you! What an awful week you had. Sending you and your brother positive thoughts and love. You deserve a vacation after all of that!!!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful!! I did miss you and am glad to see you back! Although I hate that you were dealing with all of this! Sending prayers for your brother! Hope things are headed in an up direction for you!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!!! First of all, I'm sending a HUMONGOUS hug to you across the miles from Cali to Canada. You've been through the wringer! I'm so sorry you got hit with all of this at once; there should be laws against this much drama happening all at once. Glad you're better and that you're blogging again. Praying that you have NO MORE DRAMA for a very long time!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!! I'm sorry you had such a hard week!! I can't imagine what I would have done!! Praying things have calmed down for you and that your brother is doing much better!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete