Monday, 19 May 2014

Crazy Short Week!

We have a very short school week...  Today was Victoria Day in Canada and that means no school.  Friday is a P.A. Day for teachers to work on report cards.  I just wanted to share a couple of things that I was going to post during that awful last week.  First of all, we have finished up our 3D Geometry unit.  We really had a great time - we built prisms and pyramids out of toothpicks and marshmallows, we made 3D City Scenes (one of our expectations is to sketch the 3D skeletons).  We ended our unit with geometry centres which they adored!  When I was explaining each centre a boy shouted out - "Hey, that's not work!  That's fun!"  Tricked you, little buddy.  :-)

I also wanted to show you what my Grade 4 neighbour made with the Kindergarten Buddies - pet rocks - and they are sooooo cute!  Here are two...

 This week we will be starting our new unit on probability in math.  I love this unit!  We will make a board game at the end of this unit.  I have 27 days of school left!  Summer is just around the corner...  Here is a picture of Mom and me on the trail this morning.  It was an absolutely beautiful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Geometry was always one of my favorite units when I taught math. I just love the comment your boy made about it not being work. That is definitely a sign of a successful lesson/activity.

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Look at those cute pet rocks! I want one to carry around with me!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 3D cities turned out great!! That's a lot of detail!! I love how cute the pet rocks are! Adorbs!!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete