Saturday, 5 April 2014

Saturday Morning Catch Up

I hope you all have had a great week!  We were very busy in Grade 4.  First of all, we read like crazy!
Our fabulous pen pal class (Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings) sent us the best book ever!  My students actually chanted:  "Read it!  Read it!  Read it!" when I would try to stop.
We also did a combined math/DPA (Daily Physical Activity) game.  We each had a clock on our string tags.  The music started and the students had to walk briskly around the room high-fiving each other.  When the music stopped, each person found the closest new partner.  They compared their times and calculated the elapsed time between the two.  Then the music started again.  It was really fun!
Finally, in art we worked on our falling pictures.  They are turning out very nicely!

Have a great Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. I love your math/DPA activity. Do you have the BLM for your cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that idea for elapsed time!! Sadly, I won't be able to do it with Grade 2, but perhaps I can come up with something similar!

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That elapsed time idea is pure GENIUS! Elapsed time is the hardest for kids, and this is such a fun way to get them to learn it. Love it! And what's the idea behind the falling pictures? Is this connected to some activity you did or is this just for fun?

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you all enjoyed the book! It is a series if anybody wants to keep reading. :) Thank you for sharing your elapsed time game. I can see lots of ways to use that. Anything that gets 'em up and moving, right???

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete