Sunday, 13 April 2014

A Peek at my Week - Apr. 14-17

Happy Sunday!  Spring is finally here!  Yahoo!  I am linking up with Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek at my Week.  This is a four day week - followed by a four day weekend!
Literacy/Social Studies:  We will continue learning about Ancient Egypt through shared reading, Reader's Theatre, and Literature Circles.  This will be my first time introducing literature circles this year so I will start with everyone doing the same role.

Math:  In math we will be learning about 3-dimensional solids (geometry strand) and I will connect that with volume and capacity (Measurement strand).  We will begin our unit with a sort in groups of 2 or 3.  I want each group to decide how they are going to sort the shapes, record their sorting rule, put the solids in the correct category, and share with the class.

Art:  Our "Falling" perspective art is nearly all finished - just those 1 or 2 left.  They have turned out great.  Here are a couple of them that are now hanging in our school Art Gallery.

This past week we agreed to foster a(n other) cat.  Hey, did you know that 'foster' is code for 'adopt'?  How could we ever give this little guy up?  We can't.  So please meet our newest family member, Jax.
And speaking of Jax, they are shooting a movie in my little old city starring Charlie Hunnam (who plays 'Jax' in 'Sons of Anarchy').  My mom and I went walking around downtown yesterday and this is what we saw.


Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your lit circles. These are new for me too! I am working out the kinks to make it fit my style and the style of my students. We'll see how it goes. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool to see a movie being filmed in your own town!! Good luck with your lit circles. Looking forward to seeing how those go for you. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those perspective art drawings really DID come out great! My favorite is the rockstar hand sign....a girl after my own heart.
    And your Jax is adorable. I'm so glad you've adopted him into his furr-ever home. Give him a lil' kiss on the nose for me. : )

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your falling perspective art! What a great chance for students to use their creativity! Have fun with literature circles. That always turns out to be one of my favorite activities.

    Jax is adorable! I have thought about fostering a dog in the summer, but you are right. If I do, I'm sure it will end up part of our "pack".

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boyfriend and I were just at PetSmart this weekend and found out we can foster cats if we want. I'm sure we would be just like you and keep any cat that we fostered lol. Glad he found a home with you! I teach 4th grade too and am excited to have found your blog today!

    Rebecca
    Ladybugs Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your perspective art! Just pinned it!

    ReplyDelete