Thursday, 13 March 2014

Sunshine Blogger Award

A big humongous thank you to Rachel at A Tall Drink of Water for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!  (If you don't follow Rachel already you should.  She is awesome!)
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1.  Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3.  Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
4.  Make up 11 questions for your nominations to answer.

11 Random facts about me:
1.  I only like movies with happy endings.
2.  I like a wide variety of music.  My iPod contains something from nearly all genres.
3.  I love all things Apple-iPhone, iPod, MacBookPro...
4.  I don't like melted cheese - it's a texture thing.
5.  I don't mind writing report cards.
6.  I always have some sort of noise on in my house - tv or radio.
7.  I hate being cold but don't mind being hot.
8.  I love eating out.
9.  I love musicals!
10.  I hate being late.  I would rather be early.
11.  I am a Diet Coke addict.

11 Questions from Rachel:
1.  Who was your favourite teacher?
I loved all of my teachers but Mr. H. had a special spot in my heart.  He was my grade 5 and grade 6 teacher.  He always seemed genuinely interested in us.
2.  What kind of car do you drive?
I drive a Ford Fusion.  It is about 5 years old but I still love it like the day I bought it.
3.  What is your perfect summer vacation?
I'm really lucky that we have been fulfilling my dream of two perfect summer vacations each year.  We do a long weekend trip to New York City and also a trip to Cape Cod.  The first provides the hustle and bustle and shopping fun I crave, while the second provides the more relaxing, beach going vacation.
4.  What was your favourite childhood cartoon?
I have never really enjoyed animated shows or movies.  I always preferred the real-life stuff.  But if I had to choose one, it would be The Flintstones - because I'm old.
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I used to be a night owl but have changed into a morning person.  I blame my husband 100% for this. I used to stay up late, sleep in... but now, even if we stay up late, I can only sleep in until about 6:00 and then I'm ready to get moving.  Crazy, right?!
6.  What is your best trait?
Perhaps being flexible.
7.  What is the first thing you do every morning?
Turn on my iPhone and check my mail, weather, Facebook...
8.  Do you have any pets?
We have 3 beautiful cats:  Rufus, Abby, and Cassie.  We spoil them.  They are the bosses of our house.
9.  What is the best part of teaching?
I love the relationships formed with my students.  I love watching them grow and learn over the years.
10.  Would you rather visit the beach or the mountains?
Well, it's our March Break...  (By the way, those are my husband's legs.  My toes are much prettier and my legs less hairy.  :-) )
11.  What is something you can't stand?
I can't stand being late!

Bloggers I nominate:
This is a very tricky one.  So many of my favourites have already been nominated.  I'm going to break the rules and nominate these 5 blogs:
1.  Ali at Teaching Powered by Caffeine
2.  Becca at Simply 2nd Resources
3.  Susan at Happiness is Watermelon Shaped in 3rd Grade
4.  Alison at Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'
5.  Caitlin at Miller's Science Space

My questions for you are:
1.  What teaching moment are you most proud of?
2.  What is one place in the world where you have never been but would love to go?
3.  What is one bad habit you wish you could kick?
4. & 5.  When and why did you start blogging?
6.  What is your favourite thing to do outside?
7.  What is your favourite whole class game that you use?
8.  What is the last adult book you read (or are reading)?
9.  What is the last children's book you read (or are reading)?
10.  What is the first thing you do when you get home from work?
11.  What is your biggest pet peeve?

Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy if you stuck with me through this long post.  The weather has been unbelievable in the Miami Beach area this March Break.  It has been warmer than any of our previous visits.



Thanks again, Rachel!

4 comments:

  1. You're Welcome! I loved getting to know you better!! You were so right about us being besties if we lived closer!! Your Miami vacay looks fantastic!! Super jealous!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful! We are on Spring Break too, and I wish we were at the beach!! I love eating out too! Who enjoys cleaning their kitchen!?!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous you are in Miami! That is my stomping grounds. I grew up about an hour and a half away from there in Naples. I used to go to Miami almost every weekend! I too would rather be hot than cold. I guess that's a good thing since I live in Florida. It's not so much the hot, but the humidity that does everyone in. Have fun on your trip, Lisa!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures, Lisa! How long is your break? I am so jealous and wishing that I was going somewhere warm for break. (My family is off the week before me and are heading to Disney with the school band.) I need to travel more...

    BTW -- I put our pen pal letters in the mail on Thursday!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete