Saturday, 11 January 2014

Slim Down Saturday and Kindergarten Anchor Charts

Happy Weekend!  Today I am linking up with Gina at Third Grade Tidbits for Slim Down Saturday.


My ultimate goal is just to tighten up!  Once the forties hit oh boy!  I'm not a huge fan of the scale and have only weighed myself twice in the past six months (and both were since starting this), so I don't actually have a specific weight loss goal.  I have definitely made better snack choices this week. Now I don't know about your neck of the woods but mine has been ridiculous this week with freeeeeezing cold temperatures and such thick ice everywhere.  Today it was pouring rain all day.  This has put a real damper on my love of going for a run.  I only got out twice this week!  Grrrr!  My goal for next week is to only get one breakfast sandwich on my way to work and fit in more runs.  I LOVE the breakfast sandwich!

One thing that has helped so much is my new fitness friends (you know who you are - Rachel and Jennifer).  I have been using the app My Fitness Pal to track all food consumed and exercise completed.  Now that sure makes you rethink the junky snacks!  Best part of the day?  I signed up for a 10 km race in April.  I can't wait!

To finish, here are some beautiful anchor charts my friend Rebecca has hanging up in her Kindergarten classroom.  Didn't she do any amazing job on them?



Have a great night!

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Thanks for joining it! Good luck on your race in April! I am not a runner but wish I was haha
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely difficult to be motivated with the yucky weather this week! Breakfast sandwiches are wonderful. Have you tried the Special K breakfast sandwiches? They are in the frozen section. They are not AS good as one for McDonalds, but I try to eat those instead when I have the craving! Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa!

    I wish I was a runner like you! I always try it thinking I will get into it and it never happens! I admire runners!

    Kate :)
    McDee's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all....I wish I was as artistic as your kindergarten friend. Guess that's why I don't teach kindy!! Ha ha.

    I love breakfast sandwiches too!!!! If it's one of those mornings when NOTHING at home sounds good, I'll stop off at Carl's Jr. for their sourdough breakfast sandwich {and hash brown coins}. So yummy. Eat in on the freeway to work. It's a treat. $5 for breakfast everyday is too $$$ for me. Good for you for dropping 3 lbs!! I wonder if I can join that My fitness pal, but just to log exercise, not snacks? If so, I'll join your group.

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A 10K? That's awesome!! I pass by a donut shop every morning on the way to work. I used to stop all the time...so it's not the easiest to just keep going! Good luck this week!!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete