Thursday, 30 January 2014

Nylon Coat Hanger Art

Tonight I'm going to share some very cool art that the super awesome teacher, Jo Anne, at my school did with her Grade 6 class.  First she cut blocks of wood and drilled a hole.  The children took a metal coat hanger and formed it into the desired shape.  Then they stretched nylon (as in knee high panty hose) over the sculpture.  They painted it with a water/glue mixture and let it dry.  Then they painted it.  Here is a similar link in case my ideas aren't clear - as I did not do it.  As you can see, some of the students splatter painted after painting their sculptures.  Jo Anne had her students title, write about, and reflect on their art.  Don't they look amazing?




And I'm going to leave you with these words of wisdom we discovered at lunch time.  So true!

4 comments:

  1. Those are pretty neat! I would've never thought to do something like that. Love the words of wisdom!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look really cool! Thanks for sharing, Lisa!

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look really cool! Thanks for sharing, Lisa!

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete