Wednesday, 1 January 2014

New Year - New Look and January Currently

Wow!  I haven't posted all year!  Last night my hubby fell asleep really early (7:45 pm!!!) so I played around with my blog.  Did you notice the new header/button/background?  Anyone?  At least they are clearer now - I didn't like that the words were fuzzy before.
I am linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for January Currently.  (Since I'm an early riser, I'm hoping to be one of the first 100 to link up!)
Listening:
We just got a large order of cat food delivered.  The box came with tons of crinkly paper inside it... a.k.a. Cat Heaven!  Abby is having a blast!  She is not cooperating with photos though.
Loving:
I am just so happy that we have this whole week off.  I know I am very fortunate.
Thinking:
Maybe I should be more productive on my holiday - do something like put away the Christmas tree with the broken lights.  (Aside - Who makes trees where the whole string of lights does not work if one bulb blows.  Isn't this the 2010's?!)
Wanting:
As I said yesterday, I signed up for the 500 miles in 2014 challenge and am itching to go for a run.  My mom and I are hoping to go but the temperature is not cooperating.  It has been a nice tradition that my mom and I run on New Year's Day and start the year right.
Needing:
I need to get stuff put away around here.  Who's in the same boat?  Say "I"!
Memory:
So many great memories were made this holiday.  We spent tons of time with both sides of the family.    We shared many delicious meals and laughs.
Have a great year and an amazing day!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with 500 miles in 2014! I am sure you can do it! I am an avid runner as well and I hate when it is too cold to get outside for a run.
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the same problem with my Christmas tree....THREE separate strings went out, even though we replaced them ALL when we put the tree up this year. So frustrating!!! Good luck with your 500 mile challenge! You go, girl!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you get 5 more days! I go back tomorrow :( I'm going to need to check out your 500 miles in 2014. That is a great idea!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling jealous. We go back to school tomorrow.
    I love your running tradition. It is 28 degrees in Columbus right now, so my run will likely be on a treadmill today.

    Happy New Year!
    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to put our Christmas tree away as well...I'm looking at it as I type wishing it would put itself away!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of the 500 mile challenge. I'm starting over right now, so it would be a great idea to work toward. DD and Hubby took all the tree decorations down and everything is packed up in boxes and ready to be put in the attic for next year. DD said, "Mommy, I'm gonna miss Christmas!"....broke my heart! Off to wash and cut collard greens....uggghhhh!

    Happy New Year!
    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the 500 mile challenge!! Loved reading your currently, thanks for sharing!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Yelling at the top of my lungs "I"*
    Just as the day after Thanksgiving is spent decorating for xmas, New Year's Day is spent undecorating. Nice way to start the new year, huh? Bleh!

    How frustrating are those ding dang xmas lights!!! They've been playing evil games with me since Thanksgiving. I have them all over, and they just randomly go out. I hate 'em!
    Happy New Year, my Canadian friend!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - 500 miles! That is an awesome goal. Best of luck to you. I too NEED to clean my house and put away decorations. Hmmmmm....maybe tomorrow :) Have a happy new year!

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great Lisa!! All the best for your goals this year :)
    Erin
    Learning to be Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. I! I need to take down these decorations in a bad way! Loving the new look! So fresh and crisp!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  12. I created a blog about a year ago, and I am so nervous about blogging! I love reading everyone's blogs, and I get so many great ideas and resources from some really great teacher/bloggers! However, I just wonder if I have anything to share that anyone can use! :) Any tips or suggestions would be great! I love the look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete