Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Unwrapping Your Favorites - Holiday Photo

Well, there is one more day of school until the break!  I know I can do it!  So today I am linking up with Daina of Sticky Notes and Glitter and Tamara of Mrs. Russell's Room for their Unwrapping your Favorites linky party.  Today we are looking at the beloved holiday photos.
These first two pictures are near and dear to my heart.  They were taken about 14 years ago.  The first is one of the very first Christmas pictures with my husband, step-daughter, and me (and Chester the cat).  The next one is a picture of Rachel holding our Christmas present kitty, Rufus.  Nothing says Christmas like cats - cats in Christmas trees, batting around ornaments, eating tinsel, sleeping under the tree...  
Relatively recent Christmas Day tradition has my mom and I going for a run.  Then we go back to my house and Dave and I make breakfast for the Moms.  I love starting Christmas day this way.
On Christmas Day we go to my brother's house for a big family dinner.  It is so fun!  On Boxing Day we host a turkey dinner at our home for my husband's family.  Again - another great day!

Do you notice a pattern?  Eat, visit family,  eat with family and the occasional run.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Your holiday traditions sound similar to mine (eat, visit family, eat, visit family) but instead of going for a run we all take a nap... Haha!
    - Melissa
    Teacher Abroad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some photos, Lisa! It puts a face to "the bee"! (...And that photo from 14 years ago is absolutely precious!) Enjoy your break!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sounds delightful! Family, food, and fun! Just how I like it! ;) Thanks so much for linking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete