Sunday, 22 December 2013

A Peek at My Week - Christmas Style

I hope everyone is enjoying a sunnier winter break than I am!  We have had three full days of freezing rain!  I have not seen this much ice since the big ice storm of 1998!  We actually had two different families on my street lace up their skates and skate around the neighbourhood - I mean on the streets!  It is ridiculous here!

I am linking up with Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek at My (Christmas) Week.
We started our Sunday with a delicious breakfast at Denny's!  That is my favourite way to start my week!

After breakfast, Rachel and I did many errands.  We were supposed to meet all of my cousins on my mom's side of the family in another town for lunch but due to the frustrating weather we had to postpone.  :(   So we went out for lunch and did more holiday errands with my mom.  Busy busy day. 
On Tuesday we will attempt the cousin gathering again - unfortunately, one cannot attend on this new day.  Wednesday, we cook breakfast for the mom's, make delicious Spinach Dip, Skor Cheese Ball, and broccoli salad and take those to my brother's house for a turkey dinner.  (You can click on the first two items to get a link to the recipes.)  Boxing Day we cook a turkey at our house for all of my husband's family - yep, 17 people for dinner!
During any free time, I have been busily trying to type all of my recipes out so they are on MacGourmet on my computer and devices.  It looks like such a great program but it sure is a lot of hard work to get everything converted.  Wishing you all a happy holiday!

3 comments:

  1. I think breakfast is the best meal to eat out -- I love Denny's!!! Ice storms are so scary. I don't know what is going on with the weather this year. The ice here has been ridiculous and is making me dislike winter even more.

    Thanks for linking up, Lisa! I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice? Ice Skates? Skating in the street? I don't know how you are doing it! It sounds frightening. Please be careful, Lisa!!!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Alabama we had 75 degree weather this past Saturday, but it's cooled down since then! 44 today. Brrr..... :)

    I found your blog through Mrs. Laffin's linky party. I teach 6th grade (all subjects this year).

    MacGourmet must be a mac program. I'm in the middle of putting all of my recipes into Evernote so that I can access from my laptop, ipad, or iphone. TIME CONSUMING!!!

    Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete