Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Book Club Math!

I'm linking up with Holly at Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried It Tuesday.
This is Stephanie at Teaching in Room 6's idea and I love it!!  At my school, we always receive way too many Book Club Order forms.  Well, I saved them up.  Then I printed Stephanie's activity that you can find here for free.  My Grade 4's worked with a partner but they each recorded the specific books, quantities, and totals that were as close to $200 as possible but not over it.  Every single student was engaged for the duration of this activity.  Here are a few pics of my lovelies hard at work.

Here's hoping you have a fantastic night!

5 comments:

  1. This is great! I'm going to need to do this when we hit decimals! Thanks for sharing this freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used these for math activities too, but I'm excited to check out a new resource! Thanks! They love it because they feel like they're shopping! :)
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did this earlier in the year also and the kids really enjoyed it. Someone at my school was just asking for extra book orders, I bet they were planning this too.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! It makes me wish I taught math this year but maybe I can use it as an extra activity for early finishers or when my homeroom has downtime (other students are at pull outs!). Thanks!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the real world application, Lisa!

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete