Sunday, 3 November 2013

A Peek at My Week

I'm linking up with Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek at My Week.
I really really enjoyed my extra hour this weekend so I know this is going to be a great week.  First off...  I finished my progress reports!  Yippee!!!  Then I created a powerpoint for introducing area to my Grade 4 friends.  I will tell you more about that next time.

For our shared reading, we will be using the book A Bear in War.  This is an excellent book for Remembrance Day.  It is about a little girl who gave her dad her teddy bear to keep him safe during World War I.  This is based on a true story and the actual teddy bear is on display at the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa.  (If this book sounds familiar, Anne from Looking From Third to Fourth did an excellent Must Read Mentor Linky post on this last weekend.  Check out her post for way more information.)

We are also going to be writing a descriptive paragraph for our Paragraph of the Week.  On Friday, with no electricity and the children fuelled by sugar, we did the Monster Dice Drawing that you can get here.  We are going to use this monster for our descriptive paragraph.  I'll share some of them later in the week.  That's all for now!  I hope your weekend was amazing!  Have a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment