Sunday, 24 November 2013

A Peek at my Week - November 24th

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends.  (I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I was a bit envious of your upcoming holiday.  It's a full week up here.)  I am linking up with Jennifer of Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek at my Week.
It's going to be another busy week in Grade 4.  For Literacy we are going to be reading "The Wretched Stone" by Chris Van Allsburg for our shared reading.  We are going to do a QMI chart for this text too.  This is an excellent text for making inferences!  Our Paragraph of the Week is about a special talent or something you are good at.  My Little Darlings are getting really good at writing strong topic sentences.  We will now focus on closing sentences.  :)
In Math we are learning those pesky times tables.  We are going to read "Amanda Bean's Amazing Dream" by Liza Woodruff to see how much quicker it is to multiply than repeat add.  We are going to write multiplication riddles.  Later in the week we will use base ten blocks to multiply.  See this post here.
In Science we will be continuing to learn about rocks and minerals.  We are going to make Mineral Posters on the SMART Board.  We will also do a rocks and minerals Jeopardy game.
In Dance they have created their own dance in groups of 4.  It is so fun watching them develop these!  We will be presenting on Thursday.
Mica
Mica Mine
Mica Mine - other angle
Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I love teaching about rocks & minerals! One of my favorite science topics. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chris Van Allsburg. His books are awesome, and they work great for making inferences. Have a great week!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete