Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Tried It Tuesday - Kindle App Edition

Happy Tuesday, Folks!  And boy am I tired!  I spent a good chunk of today at our divisional cross country race with 3 friends (colleagues too) and 103 awesome little running athletes!  It was so fun and the weather was absolutely perfect!  The kids did an amazing job!!!
Today I am linking up with Holly at Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried It Tuesday.
This is a great way to show shared reading texts on the SMART Board so your students can see the text clearly.  First I needed this: 
 
I connected it to my iPad (Mini).  Then I needed the Kindle app on my iPad.  (I love this app!  It is my favourite app for reading books.) 
I opened "I Need My Monster" (which I bought for barely $6) on my Kindle app and projected it to the SMART Board via the adapter.  The end result was this: 
Isn't that awesome?  So easy too!  (If you're wondering, it's pitch black because I turned off all of the lights and was at school very early... like before the sun.)

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is so cool! I didn't realize that you could even do this. I am definitely pinning this to try later. Thanks so much for linking up. :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I didn't know you could do this either. I will definitely need to ask my techie friend in my pod to show me how this works. She is an Apple genius and I'm not...even though I have three of their products. Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I din't know you could do that! We are just getting iPads here soon, only one per teacher. This is a great idea for a use. Do you have any other ideas for using one iPad for a class of 30? I have 4 classes, of 30, BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use my adapter ALL the time , everything I want to show kids how to do on he iPad I show on the smart board!

    ReplyDelete