Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Currently October

Well I can't believe it is October already, and you know what that means.  I'm linking up with Farley at
for Currently, October.  First I want to share a cute note that a boy hid on my super messy desk today.  This is one of the activities in Nick of Sweet Rhyme & Pure Reason's Book of Awesome Tasks which you can find here.  One of the activities has the student write a note to the teacher and hide it on his/her desk.  Here is one of the first notes I found from a super sweet boy:
It says:  "Your the best teacher ever so I well mack cupcacks for you and the class."  (Clearly I'm not the best spelling teacher.)  :)  It stems from my saying "I love cupcakes!" this morning as the students were entering the building.  So cute!  Here also is a photograph of that awesome Terry Fox silhouette that our librarian made. 
Now back on topic... 
Loving...  I am a huge enjoyer of the television and thus am soooooo happy that the new shows are back!!!  
Thinking...  Why does it seem that there is never enough time to sleep?  There are so many things I would rather be doing.
Wanting...  I wrote this yesterday.  I still would love the Haagen Dazs even though I just enjoyed a hot caramel sundae with extra topping.  (Shhh... Let's keep it between us.)
Needing...  Things are getting overwhelming!  It seems like we could work every waking minute of each day and still be able to find more to do.  It's all about balance, right?
Treat...  The apples arrived at school today for Teacher Appreciation.  Now some wonderful members of my staff will turn them into delicious apple crisp.  I can't wait!!  Have a great night!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so right there with you with the whole overwhelming, how am I ever going to get it all done feeling!! hah I'm still trying to figure out that balance!! hah :) I'm glad I found your blog here!

    Have a great rest of the week!!
    Nicole :)
    All Things Apple in 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw so cute!! I'm a terrible spelling teacher too - it's always pushed to the side for other things.

    Erin
    The E-Z Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally right! Things are getting super overwhelming! I want (very much) a day to reorganizing my classroom & my house! Chaos central at both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like we're all in the same overwhelming place!!! I'm trying to learn to let some things go AND to delegate some things to my students. This morning I had my early finishers looking up and writing A/R points and levels in classroom library books I hadn't gotten to yet! They felt important and needed (which they are!) and I got something crossed off of my to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I related to nearly every one of your Currently comments! Yes, it's all about balance...but finding it is so very hard!
    :) ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if we had another 10 hours every day, we still wouldn't have enough time, right? I especially feel this crunch on Sunday afternoons when I wish I had just a few more hours to get everything done. I guess it is this way so we don't work ourselves to death! :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete