Saturday, 7 September 2013

Saturday Snapshots - First Week!

I'm linking up with Miss Nelson of Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera for her Saturday Snapshots.
 
I have just finished my first week of school and it was a pretty great week.  My school has an awesome staff and it was so nice to see everyone again.  I enjoyed my class more and more each day but I learned late in the week that we will be doing a little bit of shuffling to even out the numbers so I get to change from a 3/4 split to a straight Grade 4!  I couldn't be happier!  I LOVE Grade 4!  And it's so nice not to be worrying about two different curriculums.  So I will meet some new students next week, and say good bye to some really lovely Grade 3's.  We did an activity Friday afternoon that was really fun.  Each student was given a section or two from the newspaper.  They were asked to find numbers and cut them out.  Then, with their table group they glued them all on a piece of construction paper, chose their favourite number together and shared it with the group.  It was interesting to hear their reasons for choosing their number and learning whether they had knowledge of percents, money, decimals; whether they could read larger numbers... so many things.  (I wish I had taken a picture of the finished product.  They did a great job!)
Going back in time, we spent an excellent day in Perth, Ontario last weekend for lunch with almost all of my cousins, 2 aunts, uncles, and cousins' babies.  It was so fun!  Here are a couple of pictures from this beautiful little town.

Finally, poor sweet Cassie got spayed on Wednesday.  Don't worry - she is crazy and cute as always.
Have a great night!

6 comments:

  1. I loved looking at your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! We get to be grade level twins again! Isn't it such a relief to have just ONE grade level to teach. Glad you get to be a straight 4th (like me).
    P.S. 4th grade really *is* the best grade of them all! : )

    Ali in Cali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I've always wanted to visit Ontario. I've only visited Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love looking at your pictures! They are like a little vacation for me...since it seems like I never leave Wisconsin! :)

    I'm excited that you will be teaching an all 4th class! How many students will you have? Maybe we can be pen pals????

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you're getting a straight 4, that's awesome! What great pictures.
    - Melissa
    Teacher Abroad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures from Ontario are gorgeous.

    I love your number activity. It looks like a lot of fun and a good way to gain some insight about your students.

    I happy for you that you are able to focus on just fourth grade this year.

    Have a great week!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete