Saturday, 28 September 2013

Five for Friturday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my first ever Five for Friday!  I'm very sorry that I'm a day late but I have been sick for so long and running low on energy.
I used my "Show What You Know" board for checking understanding on multiplying by 10's, 100's, 1000's with my lovely little friends.  I love it.  I can just take a picture of it and there is all my data on my computer.  If you would like a copy of this you can get it here from Jameson at Lessons with Coffee.  (I love it, Jameson!  Thanks!)
My students and I are so excited to be writing to our pen pals - Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings.  We have all finished our letters and are sending them off tomorrow!  (Coincidentally, we have the exact same number of students AND boys and girls!  It was meant to be.)
During library this week, my students called me over to the ledge.  Look what we saw!  A hummingbird!
I sent off my SLANT box to Amanda at His and Her Hobbies this week.  Guess who helped wrap it again?  Cassie the kitten! 
And finally, here are a few pictures for you to enjoy from my family's weekly Saturday morning run/walk.  This is a beautiful park very close to my house.



Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I need to go for a walk in a beautiful park! What a lovely way to unwind. Your class looks like it's got lots of fun things going on. When I taught 3rd grade we had pen pals too. It's exciting to get mail. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get your letters!!!

    That is such a rare picture of a hummingbird not in flight. Isn't it strange to see them sitting still???

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that 'show what you know' board! I've been hoping to get a long-term placement in a classroom so that I can do pen pals! By the way, I sent you a postcard - did you get it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The park looks gorgeous. What a great place for a walk/run!

    I'm glad your pen pals worked out so well. What are the chances of that ever happening? Have fun!

    I hope you are feeling better. Have a great week!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you've been sick. I love your post...and LOVE doing pen pals! You're class will love it. I hope you are feeling better this coming week!

    ReplyDelete