Thursday, 12 September 2013

Budding Blog Linky and Notetaking

I am linking up with Jess at I Heart Recess for her Budding Blog linky party.  This is for blogs with less than 200 followers.
1.  I started blogging on my first day of summer vacation as a way to exchange ideas with all of the many teacher bloggers I had been following for the past year.  I love the blogging community.  Everyone is so supportive.  (It's also a wee bit addictive!  I'll be right back... I'm just going to see if anyone posted anything new.)  :)
2.  My favourite subject to teach is literacy - and especially reading.  I love to see the children progress through the year as they acquire more strategies and confidence.  I have more books than I know what to do with.  I ask the students to tell me if I am missing books they like - and then I buy even more!
3.  I like to use humour with my students - so I really like grade 4's as they 'get' it.  I think I am pretty relaxed in my teaching style and don't get upset by my students (or show them).  I like to learn about their interests and love them.  :)
4.  Three interesting facts:  1)  I once won an award for being "Associate Teacher of the Year";  2) I ran only one full marathon (with two friends) for a dear friend who had cancer, and I was sick for the whole last half.  That's right, folks...  I was sick for 21 long hard kilometres!  But you can bet we finished!  3) I absolutely love musicals - all and any!  Now if only my husband would learn to love them too.
5.  I do have a TpT store - but it is very small.  Check back later.  My link is here.
Please go to Jess' page and link up!  Click on the button above to go to her blog.

This year I am keeping a binder with alphabet dividers for my day-to-day student observations.  I have a piece of card stock (in very pretty colours) for each student.  I am going to record my observations on labels, carried on my clipboard.  At the end of each day I will stick the labels on each child's page.  How do you keep track of your student observations?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up Lisa! Love finding other 4th grade bloggers!

    Jess
    I {Heart} Recess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa! I found you on the Budding Blog linky! I am your newest follower! I am in love with your student observation sheets with the labels! How easy and useful! I definitely have to try it! :-) I love finding new blogs and sharing ideas!

    -Jamie

    Drop by....Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! I love finding new 4th grade bloggers! I found you through the linky party! I'm your newest follower. It won't be long before you can't link up to parties like this and I think that's a wonderful thing! I'm trying to go digital for my observations by using Evernote this year, but I really like your label idea!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a book addict too! Good thing I am back to work now and getting a paycheck because that credit card statement from Amazon was getting out of control!


    PS -- We have to chat about pen pals soon! :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for student observations! I love musicals too! I saw Newsies last weekend and we're going to Matilda in a few months! A nice perk of living in NYC... Broadway shows all the time :) My favorite is Wicked, although I am already sure that Mean Girls the Musical will be my new fave when that comes out.

    Liz
    Floating Through Fifth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new idea for observations of students! I just finished making my binder with a card pocket for each student. I will make notes on 4 students (1 page) each day.

    Nicci

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Drop by my blog, check it out and follow me if you aren't already! :-)
    Jamie
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog through the Buddy Blog linky. I'm your newest follower. Make sure to check out my blog if you get a chance. I'm doing a giveaway this week! I also teach 4th grade and can't wait to learn from you on this new adventure!

    Melissa Cloud
    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete