1. I started blogging on my first day of summer vacation as a way to exchange ideas with all of the many teacher bloggers I had been following for the past year. I love the blogging community. Everyone is so supportive. (It's also a wee bit addictive! I'll be right back... I'm just going to see if anyone posted anything new.) :)
2. My favourite subject to teach is literacy - and especially reading. I love to see the children progress through the year as they acquire more strategies and confidence. I have more books than I know what to do with. I ask the students to tell me if I am missing books they like - and then I buy even more!
3. I like to use humour with my students - so I really like grade 4's as they 'get' it. I think I am pretty relaxed in my teaching style and don't get upset by my students (or show them). I like to learn about their interests and love them. :)
4. Three interesting facts: 1) I once won an award for being "Associate Teacher of the Year"; 2) I ran only one full marathon (with two friends) for a dear friend who had cancer, and I was sick for the whole last half. That's right, folks... I was sick for 21 long hard kilometres! But you can bet we finished! 3) I absolutely love musicals - all and any! Now if only my husband would learn to love them too.
5. I do have a TpT store - but it is very small. Check back later. My link is here.
Please go to Jess' page and link up! Click on the button above to go to her blog.
This year I am keeping a binder with alphabet dividers for my day-to-day student observations. I have a piece of card stock (in very pretty colours) for each student. I am going to record my observations on labels, carried on my clipboard. At the end of each day I will stick the labels on each child's page. How do you keep track of your student observations?