Thursday, 5 September 2013

Back to It - Learning Styles FREEBIE

The posts are definitely shorter now that I'm back at school.  I'm enjoying my students more and more each day!  I made my Boggle Board from Tara at 4th Grade Frolics which you can get here.  I think she did a really great job on the letters!  So far we have made words together to ensure they understand that the letters can cross over, switch directions... as long as they touch by a corner or side.  They really enjoy it!  It's hard to get them to stop...  "I have another!!"  I have these on my whiteboard and I will change the letters each week.  I think they need a pretty border around them.  (Please note that my letters were magnetized by my awesome sweet girl helpers, Rachel and Claire.)
(I'm sure it will surprise you that you can make the word "cat". Shocker!)
We also did our learning styles questionnaire. Now I did not make this at all!  I got this from a workshop last year and re-typed it.  If you would like to see the questionnaire, click on the chart below.  I read the questions to my students one-by-one, and they highlighted which answer was more applicable to them.  Then they totalled how many A's (Visual), B's (Auditory), and C's (Kinesthetic) they had.  The next day, they chose a Post-It note colour, wrote their name and which learning style suited them best.  Then they placed it on the chart in the appropriate column.  (I glued the notes down so they would stick more solidly.)
I'm very anxious to have our class lists all finalized so I can get started on my interactive notebooks - so excited to use them.  I hope everyone had a great day!  Blog to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. My students love Boggle as well. It's such a fun way to get in some word study!

    Have a great weekend!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That boggle board is so awesome! Now you don't have to worry about photocopies like when you had them printed out.
    - Melissa
    Teacher Abroad

    ReplyDelete