Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Worldly Wednesday - Part 3 and Blogsy App

Hello Friends!  Do you remember me?  We had a wee problem at the end of our Cape Cod trip so didn't get home when expected.  It's kind of lame complaining about being stuck on Cape Cod for one extra day so I don't expect any sympathy, but I really needed to get into my classroom - a bit (read tons!) stressful for me.

Today I am linking up with my friend Melissa at Teacher Abroad for her Worldly Wednesday linky party.  If you haven't stopped by, please visit her site.  She is an excellent teacher beginning her career by being brave enough to leave Canada and head to England to teach.  She is leaving in a few days.  I'm so proud of her.
I posted a few pictures of my trip to Cape Cod on Miss Nelson's Saturday Snapshots but here are a few more.  (Trying to post these pictures, add the button, link it... are what led to me exploring Blogsy.  But more about that later.)  The beauty of flying places is you definitely get a different perspective of things.  Here is a picture of slightly cloudy Boston and the Provincetown end of the Cape from the air.  

The first day, Dave and I settled into our room, took the bus into Provincetown (about a ten minute ride), ate a delicious dinner and walked around the beach.  The tide was out and it was really interesting to walk where there once was water!  On Saturday, we spent a lovely day with my brother's family.  I even swam in the ocean - only because I didn't see any jellyfish!  I swam all the way out to this raft (it kind of looks like a boat) with my awesome niece and nephew.

Following a fun day at the beach, Dave took us to Nantucket on Sunday.  He had to make two trips to get us all there.  Luckily it is only about a thirty minute flight.  Have you ever been to Nantucket?  I love it!  We had the best lunch and did a bit of shopping - the girls went on the first trip!  Here are pictures of the harbour from land and air.


Isn't it beautiful?  Here is the reason we were stuck for an extra day:
After I took this picture, it got even worse!  You could not see anything!  Crazy!  This morning we woke up and the fog was still there - and quite widespread.  We spent many hours waiting until it was safe enough to go.  Phew!  We made it!  I hope you enjoyed my pics.  
Now about Blogsy...  Does anyone use this app for blogging on your iPad?  I created my post with Blogger on my iPad but could not figure out how to link to poor Miss Nelson.  So I researched and researched and discovered Blogsy.  I have not used it yet but I have watched many of the very clear and helpful step-by-step videos on how to do everything.  Here is a snapshot of the screen and a very small sampling of the How To videos.  Adding a link is soooo easy!  I am definitely going to try this once I finish the rest of the videos.  :)

Have a great night!  Blog to you soon...

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful pictures Lisa! Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm going to have to tie myself down to keep my inflated ego from carrying me away.
    - Melissa
    Teacher Abroad

    ReplyDelete