Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Worldly Wednesday - New Linky Party

Happy Wednesday!
My good friend Melissa at Teacher Abroad is hosting a new linky party called "Worldly Wednesday".  This is an opportunity to share places you've been, places you are going, places you live...  Sounds fun, right?  Please link up.
I want to share a trip my husband and I took 3 years ago to Pelee Island.  In case you don't know, Pelee Island is the largest island in Lake Erie and the southernmost populated place in Canada.  It is connected by ferry to Leamington, Ontario and Sandusky, Ohio.  It is well known for its wines and birds.

My husband flew us there in our 1968 Cardinal.  We had to pass by Toronto on the way - no Blue Jay game going on then as you can see...


The climate is a bit warmer on Pelee Island - so hot and sweaty runs!  Here's Dave wading in the lake!  (I love this picture!) and then a cool lighthouse we saw.


We brought fold-up bikes on the plane so we could get around the island.  Did you know that the island is only about 42 km2?  We came upon this interesting sight.  Yes... Those are shoes.
We came upon this inukshuk.  Behind it, along the shore, there were tons of little ones.  So Dave, of course, had to make one too.  It's actually pretty great!

  Finally, we had to take a break and enjoy a nice cool drink.  My husband thought we should park our little bikes in a row with the motorcycles!  Lol!!
I can't wait to hear about all of the different places you have been.

6 comments:

  1. OOO I like this linky! I will have to link up after school today :)
    Erin
    The E-Z Class Follow on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pelee Island sounds amazing (I love their wine!). I'm glad you had a great trip, thanks for linking-up!
    - Melissa
    Teacher Abroad

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite things in life is traveling. I would definitely enjoy blogging about this topic, but alas, my paintbrush is calling me away from my computer. I have put off a painting project til my last day of summer vacation (can you tell I'm addicted to blogging more!!) This looks like such a neat vacation spot. Reminds me of our visit to Vancouver a few years ago.

    Carla
    Comprehension Connection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very unique place to go, Carla. Good luck with your painting project. :)
      -Lisa

      Delete
  4. WOW! Great pictures, it looks great a fabulous place to visit! I am a new follower!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip looks amazing! I remember going to Lake Erie when I was little when we went to visit some family in Pennsylvania. That beach didn't look as nice as yours... :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete