Tuesday, 20 August 2013

SLANT Box and Miscellaneous Stuff :)

It has been a very busy couple of days but I have checked some things off of my To Do List!  Yay!!

1. I am happy to say that my SLANT Box has been sent - off to Winnipeg, Manitoba!  (Click here to learn more about the SLANT Box from Jameson at Lessons with Coffee.)

2. I am halfway through "The Book Whisperer" by Donalyn Miller.  If you haven't read this already, it is a great read!  We Read, We Blog, We Teach led a book study on it.  You can find links to lots of helpful information on each chapter here.
3. I went to Staples Teacher Appreciation Week(s), got 40 of the ten cent duo tangs plus some really fun looking glass writers - Expo Neon Window Markers!  Guess who I ran into at Staples?  Erin at

Mrs. Beattie's Classroom
We had a lovely little visit!

4. Finally, I have sorted all of my school files on my computer.  Here's a picture...  Do you notice a pattern?  A bit crazy?

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. How in the world did you add color to your computer files? That is the neatest thing I've seen all day!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right click on one of the folders, scroll down to 'label'. Then choose one of the 7 colours. **This is on a Mac. :)
      -Lisa

      Delete
  2. YAY! That SLANT box is coming tooooo meeeeeeeeee!!!! Yahoo!! Thanks Lisa!!

    Cant wait to check it out! I Also love the Book Whisperer! A great read!

    Renee
    The Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE The Book Whisperer! We just had our book frenzy today! (My room sure is a mess now, LOL)

    Tina
    Flamingos and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete