Monday, 12 August 2013

Meet the Teacher

I am linking up with Blog Hoppin for Teacher Week '13!
Today is "Meet the Teacher - Let's Talk About Me".  (Everyone in my family knows that "When are we going to talk about me?" has escaped my lips once or twice in my life!)
Here are 10 fun things about me:

1. I have been teaching for 15 years.  I love my job so so much!  I even am excited to go back to school (don't tell anyone).  I have taught Kindergarten, Grade 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8.

2. I have 3 beautiful cats and nearly always have 3 cats - yet I am NOT a crazy cat lady.  Honest.

3. I love going out to eat!  Breakfast is pretty much my favourite meal of the day.  Now don't get me wrong - I love to eat.  But there's nothing like bacon and eggs!!

4. For my husband's 40th birthday, I gave him a gift certificate to learn to fly.  Now we have a 1968 Cardinal and my husband takes us on amazing trips!  New York City this weekend and Cape Cod the next!  I'm so spoiled!

5. Some of my best friendships have arisen from my work.  It is so hard when teachers switch schools -they come and go.  But thank goodness I've been able to maintain these important friendships.

6. I have run in more than 10 half marathons, 1 - 30 km race, and 1 marathon.  The marathon training was very fun - with 2 best friends - but the actual race was NOT a good experience for me.

7. I have only been running for 5 years.  I was a late starter.  I run with my mom every Saturday!  (Sorry.  2 about running.)

8. My oldest and dearest friend (not old in the old sense) only lived in my city/province for ten months when I was a child. Most of our lives we have lived in different countries but still manage to see each other at least once a year. (XOXO Jenny.)

9. One summer in high school, I was a peddling ice cream seller and made the list of top sellers in Ontario!  Now not a lot of you would admit to that one...

10. Today is my 13th wedding anniversary!  That is long enough ago that I had to scan my wedding pictures into my computer so they would be digital.  Funny!
Have a great week - be it vacationing, getting ready for school, or working at school.  :-)

9 comments:

  1. Loved reading this! I'm a breakfast lover too... let me know if you need any NYC recommendations!

    Liz
    Floating Through Fifth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you had to scan your wedding picture! I would also have to scan mine in, LOL. It's amazing.. those were the days when you needed film to take a picture! Ahh can you imagine that NOW?!

    Totally in awe of your marathons!

    :) Erin
    I'm Lovin Lit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to scan my wedding picture also. Amazing to think about that. Can you even still get film for a camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, I don't think I have seen film for those cameras anywhere lately... Perhaps I should chuck them. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary Lisa! I love breakfast too! I HATE cooking, but at least once a week we eat breakfast for dinner! I wish I liked running! Maybe I just need good music!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best friend shares a similar friendship start as you and yours. We met on the 2nd day of kinder and she moved half-way through the year. We've been friends for 25 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I love breakfast too. My favorite is when we have "breakfast for dinner." We are actually having that later this week.

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete