Friday, 2 August 2013

Currently, August

I'm linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for August's Currently.  Can you even believe it is already August?
1.  Listening to the tv - no explanation required, right?  I love and need to have background noise.  I always have the tv or music on.  I actually can't even tell you what show it is...  It's just kind of company.
2.  I love that I still have one month off (Don't hate me - we went to school until June 28th!) and I still have our New York City and Cape Cod trips to look forward to.  Yay!!
3.  Is it just me?  As soon as I finish weeding the gardens, the spot where I started has weeds again.  It drives me C-R-A-Z-Y!
4.  Who doesn't want more time!  Even though I'm not at work, I still don't get everything I want done in a day.  Maybe my expectations are too high...
5.  Can anyone tell me how to change the font with Skitch?  You all have beautiful fonts and I can only figure out how to use two different ones in this app.  I love using fun fonts!  Anyone?

B2S:  Every year I treat myself to a new lunch bag or two.  It makes me happy.  I haven't found the perfect one yet.  Maybe one of these...

I can't wait for the spiral notebooks to go on sale for a dime each at Walmart.  I love those for my interactive notebooks.  Waiting... patiently...
Lastly, I need something cute to wear for the first day of school.  Perhaps I can find something cheap and fun in NYC.

Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. You're lucky to still have a month off - though, I'm not sure I would have been happy going to school all through June.... Enjoy your trips!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! It was hard going to school in June when many teacher bloggers were talking about being on holidays. But it would be too hot to have school in August without air conditioning...
      -Lisa

      Delete
  2. I'm totally with you on having the TV on for a white noise effect...I just work better that way. Target has some super cute lunch bags that are that neoprene stuff...they are awesome! You just throw them in the washing machine when they get dirty, and they fold flat when they're empty.

    Wallis
    First Grade Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you get the answer to changing fonts in Skitch because I'm having the same problem! Hope you find the perfect lunch bag.

    Erica
    Shepherd's Shining Stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. With you on the TV - I have to have noise and never understand those people who say 'Oh I can't work unless it's silent'. Silence drives me batty! It's either the TV or the radio on for me.

    If you can figure out how to get more hours in the day let me know - the 'to do' list always outlasts the work day!

    I'm your newest follower. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,
    You are lucky to have a little more time at home. We too do not have air conditioning and those first few weeks in September are hot! I love a new lunch bag. Have you looked at Vera Bradley's they are cute. I have my eye on a black and white one. I am happy to be your newest follower.
    Julie
    Go 4th Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need more hours in the day and another me. I feel like I'm not getting anything completed.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Learnin' Lovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having such a hard time waiting for the best deals on school supplies! I just want to get everything bought! I'm your newest follower - so happy to find another 4th grade blog! Come check out my blog if you have a moment: A Place to Thrive

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Lisa!
    I need a new lunch bag too. I usually lose a few during the school year... Maybe I will find one of the missing ones when I unpack for the new year...
    Enjoy AUGUST!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog too! I am already thinking about my first day of school outfit and it's a month away! Finding cute work outfits is one of my favorite hobbies :)

    Liz
    Floating Through Fifth

    ReplyDelete