Thursday, 29 August 2013

A Productive Day!

I was in my classroom ready to work by 6:30 this morning.  (I go this early so I can get in two good hours of work before "people to talk to" arrive.  :)  I brought bags and bags of supplies I had purchased over the last few weeks - and even though I didn't put away any of this stuff, I am still very pleased with what I accomplished.  I photocopied things I wanted for the beginning of school - Learning Styles Questionnaire, shared reading plans, Mentor Sentences for the children to glue in their Reader's Notebook, Back to School Glyph, and THESE:
Have you seen these  before?  I have a split grade 3/4 class scheduled for the upcoming year, I emailed Nicole about these and she answered my questions right away.  She was so helpful!  And her resources look amazing!  (I have both of the Grade 4 ones - Language and Reading.)
As I looked around my room, I realized that I wanted to display my mentor sentence each week (with relevant material around it).  I also didn't like my Job Chart.  So after the third floor heat became unbearable, I went home and created signs and laminated in preparation for tomorrow's work in my classroom.  I also finally finished putting this together.  A big thank you to Stephanie at 3rd Grade Thoughts for this freebie and my Blogger Exchange Buddy Brittany at Lovely Literacy and More for the super cute cup to hold my Brain Break activities.  Don't you just adore the fur around the cup?  Me too!
I can't wait to try these out with my little friends!  I'm going to finish off this post by showing you my brand new lunch bag.  Nothing starts the school year right like finding a brand new beautiful lunch bag.  Mission accomplished!
Have a great night.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day getting all settled! I have traded emails with Nicole Shelby on a number of occasions, too... isn't she WONDERFUL?!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those notebooks, too!!! Our kids are really into them!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I swear, you and I are gonna teacher twins this year! You up in Canada, me in Cali---I'm a 3/4 combo too, and I JUST purchased those interactive journals for 3rd and 4th grade too! HA!! I saw them on Wed., purchased the 4th gr. lang arts one. Looked through it yesterday and loved it so much, I bought the 3rd grade one last night. Holding off on the reading ones for now. Don't you just LOVE those journal packets???!!!

    We need to keep in touch this year. : )
    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also was at school by 6:30 this morning. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for getting there so early, but I like to work when it's quiet. (And then my husband gets to listen to my kids fight at home because I am long gone... :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a productive day! I was wondering if you could share where you found your back to school glyph? I am an Ontario teacher with a 3/4 split for the first time this year. I like glyphs and have not been able to find one that I think is suitable for this year's batch of munchkins. Thanks! kyuill@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving interactive notebooks this year! I am so glad I found your blog at Diane's blog! :) I love finding fellow 4th grade bloggers.

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck tomorrow!! I am sure your kiddos will LOVE you! :)

    ~Miss McDonald
    Miss McDonald's Memoirs

    ReplyDelete