Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Word Work Freebie

Hi there!
This is just a very quick post - someone requested a copy of an example of some of the activities I use for Word Work with the Words Their Way lists.  I have included many of the activities for you.  My students use the same word list for two weeks - there are an awful lot of words in each list.  I usually attach a few of the activities (word sort first - by spelling pattern, prefix, suffix...)  and end with a partner activity (Snowman = hangman without the hanging, partner quiz).  If you would like a copy of the package in Word, drop me an email. :)



5 comments:

  1. Such a great resource...thank you so much for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it useful, Kris. Thanks!
      -Lisa

      Delete
  2. I love word study! It helps so much with students who struggle with decoding and fluency. You might like the freebie I have on my Facebook page to use with small groups. I love the mix of hands-on, writing, and usage. Thanks for sharing this!
    Carla
    Comprehension Connection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it, Carla! Thanks for directing me to it. :)
      -Lisa

      Delete
  3. Thanks you so much for sharing! We are going to be using Words Their Way for the first time thing year. This will be so helpful for ideas.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete