Thursday, 4 July 2013

New Planner and Math PD

Was I ever excited and impressed to receive my first ever Erin Condren Planner in the mail today!  It is so beautiful!  Not that I'm going to wish away my summer, but I can't wait to start using it!  (As you can see, Cassie the Kitten is equally excited by the box and tissue paper.)


I started Summer Academy yesterday taking a course in Math - 3 part lessons, big ideas...  It is great to network with so many teachers from all across Ontario and share ideas.  We did a fun activity.  We were each given a section of a newspaper and we had to cut out numbers wherever we see them.  Then, we worked as a group to glue them onto a large piece of newsprint (like a collage).  We had to decide which two numbers we wanted to share with the class and why.  This was a great activity to show children that numbers are indeed everywhere.  It also sparked rich conversations in what each number represents and why that is important.  Now, on to day 2!

Happy 4th of July to my American friends and stay cool!
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I apologize to all of my friends who now feel it necessary to buy a planner as beautiful as mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete