Friday, 12 July 2013

Liebster Award!

  A huge THANK YOU to Allison at Live, Love, Learn in Fourth Grade for nominating me for the Liebster Award!  I am very new to the blogging scene but love it already.  Thank you for all being so kind and helpful.

The "Rules" to Accept the Award:
-Link back to the blog that nominated me.
-Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
-Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
-Share 11 random facts about yourself.
-Create 11 questions for your nominees.
-Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.

Blogs I'm Nominating:
All Four Reading
4mulaFun
4th & 5th Grade Happiness
Koonce's Korner
Love. Learn. Teach.
Write in the Middle

Allison's Questions:
1. If you had to describe yourself using only three adjectives, what would they be and why?
Determined, outgoing, and loyal.  Determined:  Once I set out to do something, I do it!  Outgoing:  I might just say "Hi" to everyone I meet, much to my running partners' embarrassment.  Loyal:  I am loyal to friends, family, even products.

2. What is your favourite stress reliever during the school year?
I love to go for a run with friends after school.  There's nothing like a run with some tunes to get rid of stress!

3. Do you use reading workshops in your classroom.  If so, what do you think about it?
I seem to always change this from year to year hoping to find something perfect.  So this summer I have just finished reading Aimee Buckner's "Notebook Connections:  Strategies for the Reader's Notebook", and I'm going to read Laura Candler's "Power Reading Workshop" in the hopes to make this work better for me.

4. If you could go back and relive one teaching experience you've had what would it be?  Positive or Negative.
This is a difficult question.  I think it would be every moment that you see that spark in your student and you know you helped make this happen.

5. What are your hobbies?
I like to read, run, garden, watch movies, and I go through quilt-making bursts (none this year!).

6.  What is your all time favourite lesson?
I love teaching about Fractured Fairy Tales, creating a class one, and having the students create their own.  So fun!

7. What is your all time favourite recipe?
Better Butter Chicken from 'Eat, Shrink and Be Merry'.  Delicious!

8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would absolutely go to Italy!  I have always wanted to go there - especially after seeing "Eat, Pray, Love" and "Under the Tuscan Sun".

9. If you had unlimited money, what would you buy for your classroom?
I would buy iPads for my classrooms.  The things you can do with technology are incredible.  I hear about many of you with a few iPads in your classroom and am a wee bit envious.

10. What advice would you give to someone interested in starting a blog?
Speak from your heart and just go for it!

11.  Are you an animal lover?
I  love animals - especially cats!  I have three beautiful cats (one of them a kitten)!

11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I don't like coffee - not at all.
2. I am a Diet Coke addict - hence the Mini Me with a Diet Coke.
3. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I read on my iPhone.
4. I love to go out to eat.
5. Fancy restaurants are not my favourite!
6. I run with my mom every Saturday.
7. I love all things Apple.
8. I check Bloglovin' about ten times a day!
9. I like to get up early every day.  I know.  Weird!
10. There is always a tv, docking station, noise of some sort on in my house and I like it that way.
11. I have all genres of music on my iPod

11 Questions for my Nominees:
1.  What is your favourite food/recipe?
2.  What is your favourite subject to teach?  Why?
3.  Where is the most special place you have ever travelled?
4.  If you could only have three math manipulatives in your classroom, what would they be?
5.  What is your favourite all time movie?
6.  What is your favourite thing about summer?
7.  What is your favourite teacher resource?
8.  What actor would you like to play you in a movie about your life?
9.  If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
10. What made you start blogging?
11. What is something that would surprise people about you?

This has been fun!  I can't wait to read everyone's answers.  Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Yay and congratulations! I'm so glad you are having fun and sharing your awesome ideas!
    Are you sure you only check Bloglovin' 10 times per day...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm not surprised your great ideas have been noticed!
    I wish I had Ipads for my class too.
    Are you sure you only check 10 times a day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! I loved getting to read about you!
    I am also a diet coke lover and love all things Apple!
    Hope you're having an awesome Sunday!
    Teaching 3rd with Mr. G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We have lots in common. :)
      -Lisa

      Delete