Friday, 26 July 2013

Class Journal FREEBIE and Classroom Work

Today has been a very busy day!  I started off with a perfect run in the slightly cooler weather.  Then, my running buddy, Rebecca, came to my school and helped me hang up the no-fade paper on the bulletin boards in my new classroom.  I couldn't have done it without her.  Here is a picture of the BIG double board with the cute green polka-dot border around it.
I was pleased to see that my room wasn't in as horrible a state as I had thought I had left it.  I am going to go on Sunday and tidy some more.  :-)

On my way home, I accidentally stopped in at Dollar Tree.  Oops!  I bought bristol board for my CRAFT board (in beautiful neon colours), 2 pool noodles (that I am going to beg my sweet husband to cut into 3 pieces each for fun physical education games), and 8 hard cover notebooks for my whole class journals - I love that idea!
So... I made some covers for the journals.  Do you use Whole Class Journals?  If so, I would love to hear about it.  Are you using them again?  Did your students enjoy them?  How did you share the contents with the class?

Click on the picture for a free set ('favourite' and 'favorite' version is included).  I hope you all had an excellent day too!

-Lisa

7 comments:

  1. I haven't used whole class journals before, but am planning to use them this year. Thank you for sharing these!!!
    Kris
    The Poole Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also planning on using them this year. Thanks for sharing the covers. Now I have no excuse! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love Dollar Tree? I will have to head to my teacher store and look at that no-fade paper. I've been debating on whether to use paper or fabric. I've used fabric in the past but it is so dang expensive...Thanks also for the class journal idea. Love it!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the freebie! I love all that bullitin board space. I am looking forward to see how the rest of your classroom turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the whole class journal covers you created! I was just getting ready to make some with bright colors and you did all the work for me! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're boards look great :)

    Good luck on setting up everything else!

    Have a great Sunday,

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used whole class journals to get my students to write MORE. They really enjoyed that the audience for the journals was EACH OTHER. I found that they put a lot more effort into the content and the mechanics of their writing when they knew other students would be taking the journals home and reading them! I did NOT correct them or mark them, I just assigned 7 or 8 kids a night a journal to write in as part of their homework. Homework completion is assessed formally where I live so they had fun writing and they got received credit for it, although the writing was not evaluated. I was amazed at what the kids wrote. I hope it works out as well for you as it did for me. I went out and bought all new journals from Dollar Tree (I use composition notebooks). One trick that worked really well for me was after I introduced the first few, I challenged the students to come up with ideas for future notebooks. They did a great job.
    Sidney
    Teachingisagift

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made these cool Class Journals. Thank you so much for the awesome Freebie! I looked at several options for the Class Journal covers and liked yours the best. I put a link to your post on my blog so check it out, Heather

    ReplyDelete