Friday, 19 July 2013

Busy Busy Week

Happy Friday!
This has been a busy busy week!  It has been crazy hot up here in the Great White North!  Wowza!  Nevertheless, I made some things for school, gardened, and enjoyed some delicious meals in air-conditioned comfort.

One of the first things I did was combine/tweak a CRAFT Menu that I found at Mrs. Woods' Class Grade 5 with the information from Kristen at Ladybug's Teacher Files to come up with this CRAFT Menu that I would find useful in my class.  What do you think?
I also created shared reading plans for the first four weeks of school.  I have incorporated the Mentor Sentence work from Ideas By Jivey and the expectations from the CRAFT Menu.  I have all 3 of Jivey's Mentor Sentence units and I LOVE THEM!!!  (If you are interested in purchasing them, you can buy them as a bundle now and save $5!)  What does shared reading look like in your classroom?

I also wanted to draw your attention to a post that I found incredible.  It was by Brandee at Creating Lifelong Learners.  She posted about creating book trailers on the iPad using iMovie.  What a fabulous activity.  It would definitely demonstrate higher order thinking and comprehension of text.  She has a sample trailer for you to watch.  Now, the only problem is... How do I get some iPads for my class?

Stay cool!
-Lisa



3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out Lisa! I'm glad you enjoyed my post. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your CRAFT menu! I was trying to create one that we could add too as we worked though the units this year and ... it wasn't my best success! Thanks so much for sharing!

    - Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete